Neo-noir in the Seventies Episode 1: Harper, Point Blank, and Klute
Cody Lang and I are proud to release the first episode of our four episode series on neo-noir films of the 1970s. In this series we cover thirteen neo-noir films, from Harper in 1966 to The American Friend in 1977.
In this episode we discuss Harper (1966), Point Blank (1967), and Klute (1971).
If you want to know more about what films we chose and why, as well as how we define noir and neo-noir, please listen to our introductory episode.
- Review of Harper from The New York Times
- Review of Point Blank by Roger Ebert
- Capsule Review of Point Blank by Jonathan Rosenbaum
- Review of Point Blank by Fernando F. Croce
- Point Blank screenplay at Cinephilia and Beyond
- “New Hollywood” and the 60s Melting Pot by Jonathan Rosenbaum
- Review of Klute by Roger Ebert
- Klute screenplay
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Checkout our website
- Follow on twitter
- Listen on Mixcloud
- RSS feed
- Direct download of MP3
Listen on Mixcloud